Media information for the 2014 Military Bowl® presented by Northrop Grumman will be updated on this site as it becomes available. Please check back for updates, or contact us with any additional questions.
MILITARY BOWL MEDIA CONTACTS
Maureen Licursi, Military Bowl, email@example.com, 202-776-2509
Randy Belote, Northrop Grumman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-875-8525
All interviews with coaches and/or players must be cleared though each school’s sports information director. A Military Bowl PR representative can assist with Military Bowl, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Northrop Grumman, USO or other bowl-related interview requests.
All media credential applications must be submitted using the online form. The application will be available in November.
The Military Bowl seeks to allocate credentials in order to maximize coverage in a safe, professional working environment. With limited space at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, it may not be possible to accommodate all requests. Preference will be given to media who regularly cover the home and away games of the participating teams as well as media outlets in the Washington, D.C. area that routinely cover Military Bowl-related events. Next priority will be given to media that cover all home games of either school. No credentials will be mailed. Please see the media schedule for credential pickup times and locations.
Credential Pickup Times
Credentials will not be mailed. Credential pickup will be available during Bowl Week at designated times in both Washington, D.C. and Annapolis. Please refer to the Bowl Week schedule for credential pickup times and locations. Credential pickup will also be available at the box office on gameday. Please note that in order to receive parking, credentials must be picked up prior to gameday.
A limited number of media parking passes are available for Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. If you are in need of parking, please indicate so in the online credential application.
A limited number of hotel rooms will be reserved for the media at the designated media hotels in Washington, D.C. and Annapolis. Booking information will be included in the credential application.
ESPN/Military Bowl TV Station Policy
- Television stations will be allowed to film from the sidelines during the game. However, the Military Bowl’s contract with ESPN prohibits the use of game highlights on local newscasts prior to the completion of the game. A distribution amp will be provided adjacent to ESPN’s production truck for use by television stations wanting game highlights.
- Game highlights can be used in the standard news window. ESPN is the courtesy.
- Beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff until ESPN is off the air, there will be no live telecasts or transmissions from inside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Live shots can originate at any time from outside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Television standup reporters are not permitted on the sideline during the game. All reporters will be seated in the press box or auxiliary seating area. With five (5) minutes remaining in the game, media will be allowed access to the field.
- All ENG trucks must be positioned outside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in the designated area.
Military Bowl Radio Policy
- All radio rights are the exclusive property of the Military Bowl.
- Beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff until Military Bowl Radio is off the air, there will be no live radio broadcasts or transmissions from inside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Live broadcasts can originate at any time from outside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Game highlights can be used in the standard news window. Military Bowl is the courtesy.
- Radio reporters are not permitted on the sideline during the game. All reporters will be seated in the press box or auxiliary seating area. With five (5) minutes remaining in the game, media will be allowed access to the field.
- An originating station and/or network representing a participating institution shall air one 30-second (:30) spot per half of play for the title sponsor of the bowl, or another commercial entity identified by the sponsoring agency, that will be aired on all stations delivering the broadcast. Tapes and/or copy will be provided to the producer of each broadcast by bowl management.
General Game Information
2014 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
Game Date: TBD
ACC vs. American
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium – Annapolis, Md.
Stadium capacity – 34,000