Greetings from the nation’s capital and the 2012 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman! Our staff is ready, willing and able to assist you in any way we can, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. The following is information that should be useful while covering the 2012 Military Bowl.
Click here to download the bowl week media schedule.
MILITARY BOWL MEDIA CONTACTS
Teri Washington, Events DC, email@example.com, 202-608-1199
Maureen Licursi, Military Bowl, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-776-2509
Randy Belote, Northrop Grumman, email@example.com, 703-875-8525
All interviews with coaches and/or players must be cleared though each school’s sports information director. A Military Bowl PR representative can assist with Military Bowl, RFK Stadium, Northrop Grumman, USO or other bowl-related interview requests.
All media credential applications must be submitted using the online form. Please submit one application per organization. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, Dec. 14.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sportssystems.com/militarybowl/
The Military Bowl seeks to allocate credentials in order to maximize coverage in a safe, professional working environment. Unfortunately, it may not be possible to accommodate all requests. Preference will be given to media who regularly cover the home and away games of the participating teams as well as media outlets in the Washington, D.C. area that routinely cover Military Bowl-related events. Next priority will be given to media that cover all home games of either school. No credentials will be mailed. Please see the media schedule for credential pickup times and locations.
Credential Pickup Times
Media credentials and parking passes may be picked up from the Military Bowl PR Office at the JW Marriott (see below for location information) on Wednesday, Dec. 26 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. On game day, Dec. 27, credentials may be picked up starting at 10 a.m. at the trailer adjacent to Gate A at RFK Stadium.
Bowl Headquarters and Media Hotel
JW Marriott Washington, DC
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (at 14th Street)
Washington, D.C. 20004
Media Hotel Room Rates
Room rates at the JW Marriott Hotel are $125 plus tax. These rates are valid from December 21-30, 2012. The deadline to book media rooms through the bowl office (using the link provided in the credential application) is Friday, December 14. To apply, please visit: http://www.sportssystems.com/militarybowl/
PR Office – JW Marriott Hotel – Hart/Cannon – meeting room level
The PR office will be open Wednesday, Dec. 26 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Media credentials, parking passes and additional media information may be picked up during this time. The office will also be open from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on game day, Thursday, Dec. 27.
A limited number of parking passes are available for lot 8A RFK Stadium. Please request parking via the online credential system.
RFK Stadium Press Box
RFK Stadium has an open-air press box. The press box is heated but it is suggested to dress warmly or with layers. Wireless service is provided in the press box.
ESPN/Military Bowl TV Station Policy
- Television stations will be allowed to film from the sidelines during the game. However, the Military Bowl’s contract with ESPN prohibits the use of game highlights on local newscasts prior to the completion of the game. A distribution amp will be provided adjacent to ESPN’s production truck near Gate A at RFK Stadium for use by television stations wanting game highlights.
- Game highlights can be used in the standard news window. ESPN is the courtesy.
- Beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff until ESPN is off the air, there will be no live telecasts or transmissions from inside RFK Stadium. Live shots can originate at any time from outside RFK Stadium.
- Television standup reporters are not permitted on the sideline during the game. All reporters will be seated in the press box or auxiliary seating area. With five (5) minutes remaining in the game, media will be allowed access to the field.
- All ENG trucks must be positioned outside RFK Stadium in the designated area.
Military Bowl Radio Policy
- All radio rights are the exclusive property of the Military Bowl.
- Beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff until Military Bowl Radio is off the air, there will be no live radio broadcasts or transmissions from inside RFK Stadium. Live broadcasts can originate at any time from outside RFK Stadium.
- Game highlights can be used in the standard news window. Military Bowl is the courtesy.
- Radio reporters are not permitted on the sideline during the game. All reporters will be seated in the press box or auxiliary seating area. With five (5) minutes remaining in the game, media will be allowed access to the field.
- An originating station and/or network representing a participating institution shall air one 30-second (:30) spot per half of play for the title sponsor of the bowl, or another commercial entity identified by the sponsoring agency, that will be aired on all stations delivering the broadcast. Tapes and/or copy will be provided to the producer of each broadcast by bowl management.
General Game Information
December 27 – Kickoff: 3 p.m.
RFK Stadium – Washington, D.C.
Stadium capacity – 45,423