Nevada Sports Network (NSN Sports) will be airing the 2012 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman on national radio, along with Sirius Satellite Radio. For information about the broadcast – please contact NSN Sports at Nevadasportsnet@msn.com.
The Military Bowl is proud to work with NSN Sports to broadcast this year’s bowl game. NSN Sports is the oldest college football bowl game radio provider in the country, airing broadcasts of college football bowl games and college basketball championships since 1996. The Military Bowl joins a line up of bowls that NSN Sports owns the broadcast rights to. NSN is one of the only firms to have all of their games aired on Sirius Satellite Radio since 2000. NSN Sports is involved with the Little Caesars Bowl (TBC Sports), Music City Bowl, Heart of Dallas Bowl and GoDaddy.com Bowl this year. NSN Sports has previously aired the Emerald, Humanitarian, Insight, Gator, Liberty, East West Shrine, Outback, Mountain West and Western Athletic Conference basketball tournaments as well as many other bowl games over the past 17 years. Games are on Citidel Satellite Channels – distributed to more than 100 radio affiliates in the U.S., American Forces Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Military Bowl Radio Policy
- All radio rights are the exclusive property of the Military Bowl.
- Beginning 30 minutes prior to kickoff until Military Bowl Radio is off the air, there will be no live radio broadcasts or transmissions from inside RFK Stadium. Live broadcasts can originate at any time from outside RFK Stadium.
- Game highlights can be used in the standard news window. Military Bowl is the courtesy.
- Radio reporters are not permitted on the sideline during the game. All reporters will be seated in the press box or auxiliary seating area. With five (5) minutes remaining in the game, media will be allowed access to the field.
- An originating station and/or network representing a participating institution shall air one 30-second (:30) spot per half of play for the title sponsor of the bowl, or another commercial entity identified by the sponsoring agency, that will be aired on all stations delivering the broadcast. Tapes and/or copy will be provided to the producer of each broadcast by bowl management.